Stopping Debt!

Friday, October 24, 2008


so i've decided to start doing some posts on reversing debt, mainly credit card debt, and getting control over your finances. every friday i'll do a debt post giving ideas and tips and also tracking my progress and hopefully yours so together we can elimante or better grasp a hold of our debt!

right now i have 3 credit cards...i have two visas and a old navy (ON) credit card. i've had one of my visas since i was 18, my ON card since the second half of my freshman year of college, and i just got my second visa this month.

now to get more personal...i have about $450 in debt on my first visa, $600 on ON, and about $200 on my new visa. my new card is emergency only, and was used for an emergency and also acts as overdraft protection for my bank account.

Tip #1: PAY AT LEAST THE MINIMUM BALANCE EVERY MONTH!

-even if you get your balance to beyond your means of income PAY THE MIN BALANCE, because this reflects better on your credit history showing that you keep up your payments month to month and you don't skip or miss a payment. missing a payment shows negativity on your credit history and adds late fees.

because this is my first debt post i'll give 2 tips today...

Tip #2: CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!

-if you feel you will be late, call the company and let them now! ask for an extension, which most companies can do, and if you can't get an extension make sure they put a note on your account saying when you will be able to pay so you can call back to have the late fee reversed.
*remember this is YOUR account and this affects YOUR credit history! they want their money and you can get the company to work for you!

Stay oh so Chic! & Debt Free!

MUAH!

0 ponderers:

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP